critical reflection

 

Critical thinking had benefits me in many ways. Back in the first day of lesson I am scared that I could not catch up the lesson as my extremely lost back in the first week of lesson do to the lack of proficiency of English. My goals back then was to be able to be able to communicate with people in English and I actually able to communicate with either my classmate or my professor in proper English, I was shock that I am able to delivered my presentation speech and delivered my product to my classmate formally. And I am proud that I can get a good grade for the presentation. what I had learn from the presentation from professor is that I should not look at script and another tips I get from him is that I should talk about something that is relatable to me. For example, my team and I have discussion with prof about our direction towards the presentation and my team says that we like to introduce rural area in Africa and it healthcare system. However, professor told me that I should present something my relatable and nearer to our country and I came from Malaysia I should put my nationality in to good use while presenting the project. This tips from him had provide me my direction towards future presentation and speech to my bosses and even future school project as engineers are all about creating people needs. The success for engineer is all about providing solutions to consumers’ needs.

My second goals that I had learn from this module is to be able to write a proper essay. I always thought that my essays are a grammar editing tools in English classes due to the lack of writing ability. After going through, the summary responses project I learn how to evaluate and analysis a product using the Paul-elder framework, I am able to find out the products strength and weaknesses. I had learned how to write an effective thesis statement and its supporting points, the most important take away from this assignment is that I am able to make the counter argument pointers to a persuading idea to make the proposal even more effective on my thesis statement. This is important skills set in future, when I go into the industry evaluation and innovation is important to get to a greater height I in workplace, with an effective proposal send to the colleague or even bosses is important because there might be a bad impression of me if an ineffective proposal was to be produce to them.

As a team leader myself I think the point that I would like to discuss for project learning is the teamwork skills. I believed that the most important factor to have a good team is that the teammate has the same team-dynamic and have a good communication skills.

Firstly, the dynamic of the team was not that good at the start as people have different priority, some other teammates like to do last minutes work and as for me and some teammates we like to finish up the work as soon as possible so that work from this and another module does not compile together. Hence as a team lead myself, I have to compromise everyone and also step up to provide deadlines for every stage of the project so that our project goes on the right track. This is an important skill set that I need to learn as in the industries I might became a leader of a team and being able to leads the team o a proper track is important as the product that my team and I shows reflects on my leadership skills. To summarize, this module has assisted me in thinking before acting and speaking more confidently.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Self introduction of myself

paraphrasing of Gilbert Amelio statement

summary Reader Responds Draft #3